Your SingapoRediscovers vouchers can let migrant workers visit the Singapore Flyer
Consider letting these migrant workers experience an attraction some of them worked so hard to build.
About two months ago, we all received our $100 SingapoRediscovers vouchers. If you haven’t spent them yet and can’t decide on what to use them on, how about helping to purchase some tickets to the Singapore Flyer for migrant workers?
Although they make up the majority of Singapore’s construction force, many of them are unable to experience the attractions that they work so hard to build. From their long working hours to their relatively low pay, leisurely visits to Singapore’s tourist attractions are often a luxury they cannot afford.
Fortunately, through an opportunity set up by local community initiative ItsRainingRaincoats (IRR), Singaporeans can now donate their vouchers to migrant workers!
These donations will allow them to bring our migrant workers around to enjoy some of our local attractions such as the Singapore Flyer!
While these may seem like a lot of steps, it shouldn’t take more than five minutes to help show your appreciation for our migrant workers.
You’ll need a Klook account and your SingPass for the following steps:
- Click here to access the donation page. You will see the booking page with the event name: It’s Raining Raincoats Initiative: Purchase tickets to Singapore Flyer for our migrant workers
- Scroll down to select the date (Mar 8, 2021), and the number of people.
- Click “Book now”
- Tick the box to acknowledging that this purchase is for Itsrainingraincoats
- Complete your contact information.
- Select “Use Singaporediscovers Vouchers”
You will be directed to this page: SingapoRediscover Vouchers (life.gov.sg)
- Select “Redeem vouchers”
- Login using your SingPass and complete the information.
- Select “Copy voucher code”
Go back to Klook website for the final steps
- Paste the voucher code
- Select “redeem”
- Select “book now”
- Pay the difference if you are topping up
100 per cent of the donations will go to buying tickets for these workers as IRR has zero overheads so rest assured your vouchers are going to a good cause.