Nine F&B outlets penalised for breaching SMMs last weekend
Seven of the outlets were ordered to close, while two have been fined.
Nine F&B outlets have been penalised for breaching Safe Management Measures (SMMs) on Dec 18 and Dec 19.
Seven of the nine outlets were ordered to close for SMM and Vaccination Differentiated SMMs (VDS) breaches, such as failing to minimise interaction between staff and customers and not implementing a system to check patrons’ vaccination statuses.
These seven are:
- Angel Bar Beer (5001 Beach Road #02-23 Golden Mile Complex), which will be closed until Jan 1
- HARU (3 Magazine Road #01-01), which will be closed until Jan 30 for repeat offences
- PUB 98 (237 Joo Chiat Road), which will be closed until Dec 27
- Mohican Pub & Music Lounge (26 Madras Street), which will be closed until Dec 27.
- Euphoria (19 Tanglin Road Tanglin Shopping Centre B1-28), which will be closed until Jan 6 for repeat offences.
- Club Hermes (161 Kitchener Road), which will be closed until Dec 28.
- The Tanglin Gin Jungle (26B Dempsey Road), which will be closed until Jan 1.
The other two outlets have been fined for breaches such as failing to maintain a minimum distance of one metre between seated customers, and not checking for patrons’ SafeEntry check-in. Both CY Bistro (5001 Beach Road #B1-05/06 Golden Mile Complex) and Thong Lor (5001 Beach Road #02-24 Golden Mile Complex) were both fined $1,000.
These establishments were identified during enforcement checks, which have been stepped up due to the year-end holiday period being more hectic, and in light of the Omicron variant. Action will be taken against individuals and businesses who do not follow SMMs, and may include prosecution and revocation of licences.