McDonald’s to close a little longer, won’t be back on May 5
The closure of the fast-food chain will extend indefinitely, beyond the previously announced May 4 date.
It looks like McDonald’s fans will have to wait a little longer than expected for the return of their beloved McSpicy and value meals again.
On Thursday (Apr 30), the fast-food chain announced that its temporary closure will be extended for an undetermined amount of time.
It previously said that it would be closed until May 4.
“While we’ve been allowed to restart operations from May 4 under the essential services framework, we’ve decided to extend our closure for just a little longer for the safety and well-being of our employees and customers. We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation in the community before determining an appropriate time for us to reopen.
“Our frontline employees are important to us and we wish for all of them to stay home a little longer. They can also be rest assured that their jobs are secure, and that they will be paid their salaries during this temporary closure,” said McDonald’s in an update on its social media.
The restaurant also thanked those who sent well-wishes to its employees.
“From our McDonald’s family to yours, we’re truly grateful for your patience and understanding. We miss you – and look forward to serving you very soon!” it said, adding that its employees who tested positive for COVID-19 are recovering well.
While McDonald’s remains close, you can still satisfy your cravings with other fast food chains such as Burger King or KFC.
And you don’t need to leave your house, too. You can just get them delivered to your doorstep!