The hand sanitisers include those from popular brands such as Asepso, Guardian and Lifebuoy.
The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) is recalling 18 types of hand sanitisers from various brands.
In an announcement posted on its website, the HSA said there is a wholesale-level recall of the hand sanitisers due to detection of acetaldehyde and/or methanol at levels above the pharmaceutical pharmacopeia limit.
The types of hand sanitisers and its batches are:
1 . Asepso™Professional Hand Sanitiser (Batch: B42M)
2. Cuticura Hand Sanitizer (all batches)
3. Epi KleenGel Hand Sanitizer Gel (all batches)
4. Guardian Lavender & Passion Flower Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser (Batch: 9K28DF)
5. Guardian Aloe & Korean-Mint Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser (Batch: 0D32DF)
6. Kundal Fresh Water Hand Sanitizer+ (Batch: BN227)
7. Sanitelle® Instant Hand Sanitizer Antiseptic Gel Kids (all batches)
8. Cath Kidston® Moisturising Hand Sanitiser (all batches)
9. 红月亮® Redmoon 抑菌免水净手凝胶 Bacteriostat Wash Free Hand Wash Gel (all batches)
10. We11 Daily Instant Hand Sanitiser (all batches)
11. Cool Day’s Peppermint Instant Hand Sanitizer (all batches)
12.Walch® Instant Hand Sanitizer (Batch: TG01)
13. TP 706 Hand Sanitiser (Exp: 10/03/2022)
14. Lifebuoy Instant Hand Sanitizer (Batch: OD13UL)
15. FairPrice Hand Sanitiser Lavender (Batch: 201251-001)
16. germ-X® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Original Scent (all batches)
17. Sanigen Gel Hand Refreshing Gel 600ml (all batches)
18. Yuri® Hand Gel Green Tea Extract (all batches)
The recall is classified under Class 2, which is for products with issues that would not likely cause serious adverse health outcomes.
Suppliers of the product are required to stop supplying the specific batches and return the remaining stocks to the companies, said HSA in its announcement.
Singapore-born panda cub now measures at 51.5cm and weighs 3kg
Teahouses in Singapore that will bring out your inner tranquili-tea
Five things to do this weekend (Oct 8-10)
Singapore expands Vaccinated Travel Lanes to eight more countries
Netflix releases 11 Squid Game virtual backgrounds for your online meetings
MOH publishes map of areas COVID-19 patients have visited
New MOH website outlines what to do if you test positive for COVID-19
Five things youth should know on how Singapore will manage COVID-19 situation
10 Korean fashion online websites that will leave you spoilt for choices
Ben’s Cookies holds closing down sale at their last outlet in Wisma Atria