The hand sanitisers include those from popular brands such as Asepso, Guardian and Lifebuoy.
The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) is recalling 18 types of hand sanitisers from various brands.
In an announcement posted on its website, the HSA said there is a wholesale-level recall of the hand sanitisers due to detection of acetaldehyde and/or methanol at levels above the pharmaceutical pharmacopeia limit.
The types of hand sanitisers and its batches are:
1 . Asepso™Professional Hand Sanitiser (Batch: B42M)
2. Cuticura Hand Sanitizer (all batches)
3. Epi KleenGel Hand Sanitizer Gel (all batches)
4. Guardian Lavender & Passion Flower Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser (Batch: 9K28DF)
5. Guardian Aloe & Korean-Mint Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser (Batch: 0D32DF)
6. Kundal Fresh Water Hand Sanitizer+ (Batch: BN227)
7. Sanitelle® Instant Hand Sanitizer Antiseptic Gel Kids (all batches)
8. Cath Kidston® Moisturising Hand Sanitiser (all batches)
9. 红月亮® Redmoon 抑菌免水净手凝胶 Bacteriostat Wash Free Hand Wash Gel (all batches)
10. We11 Daily Instant Hand Sanitiser (all batches)
11. Cool Day’s Peppermint Instant Hand Sanitizer (all batches)
12.Walch® Instant Hand Sanitizer (Batch: TG01)
13. TP 706 Hand Sanitiser (Exp: 10/03/2022)
14. Lifebuoy Instant Hand Sanitizer (Batch: OD13UL)
15. FairPrice Hand Sanitiser Lavender (Batch: 201251-001)
16. germ-X® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Original Scent (all batches)
17. Sanigen Gel Hand Refreshing Gel 600ml (all batches)
18. Yuri® Hand Gel Green Tea Extract (all batches)
The recall is classified under Class 2, which is for products with issues that would not likely cause serious adverse health outcomes.
Suppliers of the product are required to stop supplying the specific batches and return the remaining stocks to the companies, said HSA in its announcement.
Food stall at Telok Blangah Food Centre and VivoCity among locations visited by COVID-19 cases
Six things youth should know about Singapore’s new COVID-19 measures
My experience as a hiking noob in Clementi Forest
Takashimaya Shopping Centre and The Clementi Mall among locations visited by COVID-19 cases
Singaporeans flood viral Facebook post with memes after American man says MBS is in Tennessee
Leonardo Da Vinci exhibition coming to the Science Centre Singapore this June
Fu Lu Shou Complex, Chinatown Complex and Night Safari among locations visited by COVID-19 cases
Causeway Point and Teo Heng KTV Studio at Bedok Point among locations visited by COVID-19 cases while infectious
BTS and McDonald’s to launch second merchandise collection on Jun 17
Tiong Bahru Yong Tao Hu at Eng Hoon Street and Tiong Bahru Plaza among locations visited by COVID-19 cases