The exact dates will be worked out and advance notice will be given.
Singapore remains on track to raise the group limit for dining in at F&B outlets to five in mid-July, said co-chair of the multi-ministry task force Lawrence Wong on Thursday (Jun 24).
The current limit for dining in under Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) measures is two, although people can gather in groups of five.
“With the vaccinations on track, with the regular testing of workers in these higher-risk settings proceeding, we should be able to get there,” said Mr Wong.
The exact dates will be worked out and advance notice will be given, Mr Wong added.
Under the current Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) rules, no more than two people can dine in at the same table.
Those from the same households can split into tables of two, but those from the different households cannot dine together at the same restaurant in separate tables of two. This is because dining is considered a high-risk activity as masks are off, the MTF said then.
Singapore plans to ramp up its vaccination programme. The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses delivered daily will be increased to 80,000, up from the current 47,000.
Mr Wong added earlier on Thursday that Singapore aims to get two-thirds of its population to be vaccinated fully by National Day.
10 exciting NDP e-vouchers to redeem this National Day
COVID-19 cases detected in 35 markets and food centres
Food licenses of three nightlife establishments revoked, 18 F&B establishments ordered to close for breaching COVID-19 measures
Five things to know as Singapore returns to Phase 2 on Jul 22
Clementi, Whampoa markets and MBS Casino identified as COVID-19 cluster, closed till Aug 5
What sports, physical exercises and activities are allowed in Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)
NTUC Fairprice launches exclusive Mickey Mouse homeware collection
Uniqlo to launch second Jujutsu Kaisen collaboration collection in August
What’s on Netflix Singapore in August 2021
Starbucks Singapore launches their National Day menu with new SHIOK-AH-CCINO