33 F&B establishments and 31 individuals penalised for breaching SMMs
22 F&B outlets were ordered to close, while 11 F&B establishments and 31 individuals were fined.
Twenty-two F&B outlets were ordered to shut down while another 11 F&B outlets and 31 individuals were fined for breaches of safe management measures (SMM) since the beginning of December, the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) said on Wednesday (Dec 15).
The 22 F&B outlets that were ordered to close for safe management measures breaches had either allowed diners to consume alcohol after 10.30pm, failed to minimise physical interaction between customers and staff, failed to ensure customers adhered to the permitted group size, or failed to ensure safe distancing of at least one metre between groups of customers.
The 22 outlets are:
- Akimitsu (68 Orchard Road, #04-65, Plaza Singapura)
- Am Thuc Vietnam (No.44 Foch Road #01-01)
- *ANZ Entertainment LLP (17 Keong Saik Road)
- Club MX (401 Macpherson Road #02-22/29, Macpherson Mall)
- DD Eatzakaya (37 Smith Street)
- Food Junction (9 Bishan Place, #04-1/2E, Junction 8 Shopping Centre)
- Gong Yuan Ma La Tang (23 Serangoon Central, #03-17, NEX)
- Gram Café & Pancakes (1 Harbourfront Walk, #02-110, Vivo City)
- G-Sports Entertainment (29 Mosque Street)
- *Havana KTV Night Club (94 Amoy Street)
- *Havoc (#02-08 Concorde Hotel and Shopping Mall)
- *JC Infinite (#02-07 Concorde Hotel and Shopping Mall)
- Joo Chiat Fish Soup (151 Joo Chiat Road)
- *KSP Pub (No. 241 Jalan Besar)
- *Overtime Pub (30 Mosque Street)
- Ramen Nagi (3 Temasek Boulevard, #01-512/513, Suntec City)
- Taboo Singapore (57 Duxton Road)
- TCC (2 Orchard Turn, #B2-49, Ion Orchard)
- Violet Oon Singapore (2 Orchard Turn, #03-22/28/29 ION Orchard)
- Wingstop (1 Harbourfront Walk, #02-143, Vivo City)
- Ya Kun Kaya Café (101 Upper Cross Street, Level 1 Atrium, People’s Park Centre)
- Zoey’s Diner (1 Sengkang Square, #01-01, Compass One)
Another 11 outlets were fined for various safe management measures breaches including playing music or video recordings and not ensuring a safe distance of at least a metre between seated customers.
The 11 outlets fined are:
- Abilah Private Limited (No.672 Geylang Road)
- Chatramue (Paya Lebar Road, #01-38, PLQ Mall)
- Gado & Grill (60 Paya Lebar Road, #B1-08, Paya Lebar Square)
- Hot Tomato Steakhouse (107 North Bridge Road, #B1-24, Funan)
- Seorae Korean Charcoal BBQ (4 Tampines Central 5, #B1-02, Tampines Mall)
- Shi Li Fang (3 Simei Street 6, #02-04, Eastpoint Mall)
- Tamago En (1 Woodlands Square, #B1-19, Causeway Point)
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (2 Tampines Central 5, #01-19, Century Square)
- White Bar (1 Rochor Canal Road, #03-74, Sim Lim Square)
- Yakiniku Like (10 Paya Lebar Road, #B1-28, PLQ Mall)
- Yi Zun Noodle (60 Joo Chiat Road #01-08/09)
Breaches at parks and beaches
A total of 40 individuals’ particulars were taken from Dec 1 to 13 in parks and beaches managed by the National Parks Board (NParks), for gathering in groups larger than the permitted limit.
In one such case, NParks will be taking enforcement actions against a group of 22 individuals who were found playing soccer at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park.
During the year-end festive period, agencies will step up checks on F&B outlets to ensure that Vaccination-Differentiated SMMs are strictly adhered to.
Firm enforcement actions will be taken against operators and individuals who fail to comply with SMMs, including the proper wearing of masks.
These include the prosecution and revocation of licences for food, public entertainment, and liquor.