24 F&B outlets and 24 individuals penalised for breaching safe management measures
Fifteen F&B establishments were ordered to close, while nine other F&B outlets and 24 individuals fined for not complying with SMMs and VDS.
Fifteen F&B outlets were ordered to close, while nine other F&B establishments and 24 individuals were fined for breaching Safe Management Measures (SMMs) and Vaccination Differentiated SMMs (VDS) since Oct 9.
In a press release on Friday (Oct 22), the Ministry of Sustainability and Environment said that over 1,000 premises and 3,700 individuals were checked for adherence to VDS between Oct 8 and Oct 17.
One outlet, Katong Eating House Pte Ltd at 865 Mountbatten Road, was found to have not implemented checks ensuring only individuals with a cleared vaccination status can dine-in.
They were ordered to close for 10 days from Oct 15 to Oct 24.
SMM Breaches at F&B Premises
MSE added that 14 F&B outlets were forced to close as they had failed to ensure customers adhered to the permitted group size, did not ensure a safe distance of at least one metre between groups of customers, allowed singing and toasting, as well as played music within its premises.
The 14 penalised F&B outlets are:
- Canton Paradise (23 Serangoon Central, #02-04, NEX)
- De Boss House (51 Joo Chiat Road, #01-02)
- Drinks at Wan Jin Eating House (261 Serangoon Central Drive, #01-27)
- Fluff Stack (10 Tampines Central 1, #01-31, Tampines One)
- Kei Hachi (8 Keong Saik Road)
- KPO (1 Killiney Road 1st Storey)
- Mahota Kitchen (2 Tampines Central 5, #01-11, Century Square)
- Malaysia Boleh (3 Simei Street 6, #04-04, Eastpoint Mall)
- Mama Chin (41 Circular Road)
- Pink Whale (22 Circular Road)
- Shi Hao Mala Pte Ltd (269 Geylang Road)
- Tai Fu Lou (271 New Bridge Road)
- The Luxe Bistro (23 Upper Weld Road)
- Wan Chai Hong Kong Tea Room (2 Jurong East Street 21, #03-51, IMM Building)
Nine other F&B establishments were issued composition fines for breaches including allowing singing, and failing to ensure a safe distance of at least a metre between seated customers.
The nine F&B outlets fined are:
- Concorde Hotel and Shopping Mall (100 Orchard Road)
- Delifrance (10 Tampines Central 1, #03-K3-K5, Tampines One)
- Flippers (B1-56, Ngee Ann City)
- Kopitiam (1 Jelebu Road, #03-08, Bukit Panjang Plaza)
- North Miznon (110 Amoy Street)
- Texas Chicken (1 Harbourfront Walk, #B2-24, Vivocity)
- Toast Box (53 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #01-17, AMK Hub)
- Ya Kun Kaya & Toast (2 Jurong East Central 1, #01-08A, JCUBE)
- Yellow Goldenland (111 North Bridge Road, #03-37/38/39, Peninsula Plaza)
Strict compliance with SMMs and VDS is critical for the safety of everyone. Agencies have stated that they will continue to step up checks on F&B outlets and pivoted nightlife establishments to ensure that rules are strictly adhered to.
Operators and individuals who are caught for not complying with SMMs — including the proper wearing of masks — will have firm enforcement actions taken against them, including prosecution and revocation of licences for food, public entertainment, and liquor.