Ride for Hope
Cycle to raise awareness of arthritis and amplify the unspoken words of those who suffer in silence with the disease.
Ride For Hope is a cycling fundraiser held by National Arthritis Foundation (NAF) that aims to raise awareness of arthritis and amplify the unspoken words of those who suffer in silence with the disease.
Many live with constant pains for months or even years without getting the right diagnosis, while others worry about the inability to cover the costs of prolonged essential treatment.
10 September – 17 October: Sign up to take part as a cyclist and fundraiser! A minimum donation of $30 per pax is needed to enter. Donations $30 and above are eligible for 250% tax deduction.
20 September – 17 October: Cycle your selected distance any time, any place. Once registered, all you need to take part in the event is a bicycle and a distance tracker app/device.
26 July – 31 October: Raise awareness about the campaign and rally your friends to donate as you cycle for the cause! Donations $30 and above are eligible for 250% tax deduction.
You are entitled to choose your cycling category from 10km, 40km and 100km. With different donation amounts, you will be entitled to entitlement packages. With a donation of $30 and above, you’ll receive the basic entitlements package which include a Cycling cap, Drawstring bag, Finisher’s medal and Cooling towel and with a donation of $50 and more, you’ll receive the hero entitlements package which include a Cycling cap, Drawstring bag, Finisher’s medal,Cooling towel and BPA-free collapsible food container.
The first 300 sign-ups will receive additional gifts worth more than $160, with the top 5 fundraisers will receiving attractive prizes!
How it works
1. Choose the category you would like to enter. You are allowed to take on different categories through multiple entries.
2. Register through this site. Select the amount you wish to donate (min. $30) and specify the target amount you hope to achieve with your fundraising campaign by the end of the four weeks. Your personal fundraising page will be set up after registration and the link will be sent to you via WhatsApp or email.
3. Sync your distance tracker app/device to your account. Currently, only Strava is compatible with our system. If you wish to use a different tracker app, simply take a screenshot of your distance cycled and upload it via your dashboard.
1. Share your personal fundraiser link to raise awareness about the cause while encouraging others to donate and help hit your fundraising target!
2. You are encouraged to share your participation in the event by posting videos and images of your cycle. You may also use the templates, frames and filters provided under Media Downloads. Don’t forget to tag #RideForHopeSG on your posts!
3. Cycle the chosen distance at your own time and pace, using an app or device of your choice to track your progress. You can cover your chosen distance through multiple attempts within the event window, from 20 September to 17 October.
4. If you’ve used Strava to track your cycling distance, simply go to your dashboard and sync the relevant attempts. If you’ve used your own tracking app or device, take a screenshot(s) of your distance cycled and upload it via your dashboard.
5. Download your e-cert via your dashboard and share your accomplishment online!
Follow our Instagram and Facebook accounts for updates regarding Ride For Hope and other similar efforts by National Arthritis Foundation.
Fri, 10 Sep 2021 - Sun, 31 Oct 2021
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM