Vision 2025: How Will You Shape The Future Of Singapore?
“We have a powerful potential in our youth, and we must have the courage to change old ideas and practices so that we may direct their power toward good ends.” – Mary Mcleod Bethune
As youth, we will eventually grow to inherit the future. What do you want Singapore’s future to be? Social equality, environmental sustainability, inclusivity or others – what do you want Singapore’s future to be like? Step out with a strong sense of purpose and begin playing an active role in our society.
Join us as we put together a vision of what you want Singapore to be in 2025, and see how it translates into action through the Youth Action Plan as we engage youth, government and other stakeholders.
WHAT WE HEARD
We engaged with over 8000 youth participants in Youth Conversations, sharing with us what their top concerns were and discussed what their views were on it.
1. Narratives of Success: We are redefining our own versions of success
2. Lifelong Learning: We are changing course and learning different
3. Mental Health: We are rewiring mindsets
4. Race & Religion: We are calling out racism for what it is
5. Social Equality: We believe that equality is not a luxury
6. Social Inclusivity: We are removing the invisible cloak
7. Environmental Sustainability: We are trashing our old ways
8. Geopolitics: We want to shape the future of the region
In 2019, we asked you to come forward to help craft the youth vision of Singapore that you want to see in 2025. Thousands of you responded. Working with the SG Youth Action Plan (YAP) panel, we consolidated your inputs into a draft vision statement of what you have told us so far below.
Find out more about what transpired since 2018, what our youth participants have shared and distilled!